Absence from School
- Regular attendance and arrival at school on time is a legal requirement. Children should not miss school unless absolutely necessary.
- If your child is absent please notify the school office by 9.00am on the morning of absence stating your child's name, class and reason for absence via email email@example.com.
- Prior notice should be given of unavoidable medical appointments.
If the office do not receive explanation for absence, the absence is recorded as unauthorised.
If your child has vomited or had diarrhoea, we follow the Health Protection Agency guidances and ask that you keep your child off school for 48 hours after the last episode of vomiting or diarrhoea.
Planned absences during Term Time
- If you are considering going away for reasons connected to work or family you need to complete the Exceptional Leave of Absence application form below.
- Requests will then be evaluated in line with the school's attendance policy and parents/carers will be notified by the school as to whether the absence will be authorised or not.
- We consider every request for holiday leave individually. The most important consideration is the effect an absence would have on your child’s education. A pupil’s absence during term time can seriously disrupt learning.
- The completed absence application forms can be sent to the Attendance Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org