School Management Systems
School Information Management System (a whole school resource)
- Arbor is a student information system i.e. a school management information system, and is widely used in the UK.
- Arbor is used by schools to manage pupil/student registration.
- All the information you provide the school when your child first joins the school (from the admissions forms) is stored on here
- The school will send parents/carers whole school/ class or individual emails from this system
- ScoPay enables schools to sell and collect payment for items such as book bags, school meals, educational visits, events, clubs and other school activities, in a safe and secure way.
- This is the system you use in order to pay for your children’s school lunches. You may also receive whole school messages through this system, with announcements or important information to be aware of.
- The benefits of using ScoPay include:
- the ability to make safe and secure online payments at any time of the day.
- the ability to make payments via debit or credit card.
- the ability to make payments in person via PayPoint and Post Office counters.
- the ability to pre-pay for school meals.
- the ability to identify when payments are due and whether sufficient funds are available.
- the ability to receive email notifications when a balance falls below a set amount.
- the ability to view current balances and a payment history.
- Parent/carers have these additional benefits:
- the ability to pay for expensive items (e.g. educational visits) in instalments, at the discretion of the school.
- the ability to maintain a single ScoPay account that serves all of your children, even if they attend different schools (this is available only if all the schools use ScoPay).
- the ability to save card details to speed up the checkout process.
ScoPay - Parent Consultations
- This is the system through which we facilitate online parent-teacher meetings.
- These occur in the Autumn and Spring terms (alongside a review of your child’s progress).
- A more detailed review is provided in the Summer term.
- When it is time to arrange an appointment, you will receive communication from the school office. You will then be able to to into your ScoPay account and sign up to a timeslot that is convenient for you. You will receive an email confirmation of your appointment. On the day/time of your appointment, you can click directly on the link in your ScoPay account to join the meeting.
- If a second person would like to join the meeting, a 'share registration' link will appear in your ScoPay Parents Evening account one hour before the meeting starts and this can be sent to the second adult.
- Each meeting is ten minutes long and will automatically terminate at the end of your appointment time; there is a timer on screen which will help you keep track of how much time remains in your appointment.
- Please do ask your child’s class teacher for a meeting to discuss any issues/concerns that may arise that would be more appropriate to discuss at greater length without any time constraints.