School lunch Menu
A printed copy of the menus are available to view on the notice board outside the entrance to the school office.
The lunch menus work on a three weekly rota basis to vary the food offered to children. The dates for the weeks each menu is applicable to is at the top of each menu.
The menu for the summer 2022 term can be viewed here:
Summer term menu April - Oct 22
School lunch is free for children in EYFS, Year 1 and Year 2 regardless of circumstances.
For children in years 3, 4, 5 & 6 school lunch is provided at a cost of £2.25 per day (£11.25 per week) currently. Parents should pay for the school lunch via the Pay360 system. Please contact the school office on 01223 712333 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding payments.
Free school meals (FSM) / Pupil Premium funding
Your child may be eligible for free school meals. For further information and to see if you qualify visit here click here.
Cambridgeshire county council asks all families who are eligible for free school meals to make an application even if the free meal won't be taken. By doing this, the school will receive valuable additional funding called Pupil Premium.
Even though all Reception and Key Stage 1 children are currently entitled to receive a free meal as part of the government's Universal Infants FSM Programme, unless eligible families still apply for Free School Meals, the school will not get the Pupil Premium funding.
In line with the school's policy, we will meet in full the cost of curriculum enrichment activities for any child eligible to receive Free School Meals.
The free school meals application form is below. Please complete and return this form in any one of the following ways:
• Email to: email@example.com
• Return to the school office and we will then send it to the Education Welfare benefits service to process
• Post to: Education Welfare Benefits Service, Box Number ALC2606, New Shire Hall, Emery Crescent, Enterprise Campus, Alconbury Weald, Huntingdon PE28 4YE
Packed lunches from home
- Parents should encourage their children to eat a healthy packed lunch.
- As there are currently children in school with severe nut allergies, parents’ should not include anything including nuts e.g. peanut butter, spreads including nuts or packets of nuts.
- Fizzy drinks, sweets and chocolate are not permitted.
- Lunch boxes should be clearly labelled with the child’s name and class.
Snacks and Water
- As a healthy mid-morning snack, children may bring fruit (fresh or dried) or raw vegetables.
- EYFS (reception classes) and Key Stage 1 pupils (Year 1 & 2) are provided - free of charge - with a portion of fruit or vegetable each day.
- For younger children, where parents wish to provide the mid-morning snack themselves, it is recommended that it is prepared for easy eating and stored in a small plastic container
- Children are encouraged to drink water throughout the day. Drinking water is available on tap in every classroom. It is recommended that every child brings in an individual, labelled water bottle.
- Parents are asked not to send in cakes or sweets to celebrate birthdays
Our school lunches are provided by Lunchtime Company who are a Cambridge based school catering company. Their purpose is to make the lunchtime meal at Milton Road Primary School the highlight of the day for everyone.
In the autumn term they gave our lunch menus a new ‘Gastro’ makeover. The revamp was launched in school with new posters to encourage children to eat their lunches and a sticker system introduced for the younger children.
We are working in close partnership with the representatives from the Lunchtime company to ensure the service provided is the best for the children. Parents & children will be surveyed regularly so we can receive and act on feedback provided.