A Committed and Talented Team of Governors
Every school has a governing body, whose role is similar to that of the board of a company or the board of trustees for a charity. Governors, which includes the headteacher are the strategic leaders of schools and have a vital role to play in ensuring every child gets the best possible education. Governing bodies have a statutory role and responsibility to support & challenge the school to raise academic achievement and promote pupil welfare.
Governors support, encourage and challenge the headteacher and staff.
Their core strategic functions are:
- ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction,
- overseeing the headteacher's capability to manage and lead,
- overseeing the school's educational and financial performance.
The Headteacher presents a report at each Governing Body meeting, commenting on the life of the school in general and progress in relation to the targets laid out in the school’s development plan.
You can contact the Chairs of the Governing Body, Matt Hodgson & Iain Thomas via;
- The School Office: email@example.com
- Direct email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or using the school's postal address:
Milton Road Primary School